Friday 19 March 2010

March Just Keeps Getting Better


We've been featured again this month. In the current issue of Wedding Venues & Services Magazine. This time it's favours from the very glitzy Mayfair Collection in a retro Polka dot red (top left). A big thank you to Amanda for the feature & also for letting us know. A while back, Amanda (Deputy Editor) had given me feedback on the quality of my images (they were too dark for print with inadequate lighting). Me, not being from an editorial/photographic background, had absolutely no idea that this was the case. So thank you Amanda for your insight and for taking the time to reply. Constructive criticism is so helpful for a small business. Those extra pair of eye's see things that are blindingly obvious, but yet invisible to me.

My mum always instilled that it was not shameful to ask for help, which as a stubborn little girl was something I struggled to do and still do to some extent. I'm a perfectionist & hate doing things wrong. I always strive to better myself but it's not always possible to improve your technique when you only see the one way of doing things. Don't be afraid to ask. Ask and ye shall receive. And it's what you do with that knowledge that is key.

No comments: